Friday, May 11, 2007

Telemarketers can go to hell, and I think I actually mean it


I am not a man that is strong willed. One time Discovery Card called me and after 30 min on the phone I had signed up for a Discovery Card. They are so perssistant and for some reason unknown, I form a relationship with these people and give in. Like I said, I have no testicular fortitude.

So I called this company because evey week they would send me a note informing me that my truck warranty would be up soon. I got worried that they were implying something and so I called. They are basically a supplemental insurance company and after 30 minutes on the the phone (including the telephone guy 'asking his manager' about a discount) I had signed up for it. I asked dad about this type of thing because it sounded fishy. He said "it sounds a little fishy, I would cancel."

Cut to today. I called to cancel and once I got to the person that could help me (4 people in), this lady and I discussed my budget, my future, and my family. I told her I was buying a house, told her I live 3 bocks from work; I tired everything. Finally, after (not kidding) 18 minutes later she told me how I can cancel. I need to send this sheet back into their company with my name, date, reason for quiting (which makes me think they will send more crap my way), and I have to get it notorized! I'm a wussy.

No comments: