Monday, June 18, 2007

Three week check-up


Alright, I'm not giving up on this Blog thing quite yet. I havn't posted in a while because I've been hella busy. (That's right, I just said hella) A lot of things have gone on and I plan to sum up the high-lights of the past 3 weeks so that my readers (my 3 sisters and my parents) know what is up in my life. Wow, it's been a while. Here we go...


  1. The CRFD road race went really well. It was supposed to rain but it held off until the results ceremony (held inside). I got some flack for 'not doing anything' but it's not my fault because my only job as Assistant Race Manager (that's going on my resume) was to 'accept blame for everything that goes wrong, because as a rookie everything flows downhill.'

  2. Worked my first 48 hour shift which went alright, but I am used to taking a nap when I get off work so the second day was a little rough in the morning.

  3. Had a garage fire. Lots of fire. It was neat.

  4. I was asked to help out with a training house burn in Palo. I had been to many house burns before but had never spent the entire day inside as an 'instructor' and let me tell you...even if you just sit inside and down actually do anything, breathing in air from a tank while sitting next to a big fire makes you sweat a lot and makes you tired. I was exhausted! It was awesome walking around as an 'instructor' though!

  5. I moved from the 'grandma house' that I lived in with Josh (another rookie that owned it) into a condo with another firefighter (Jason, a 27 year old firefighter that is into biking, drinking wine, and has multiple girlfriends) It's nicer/newer, $150 cheaper, closer to a shopping/eating district, and I dont get made fun of for being gay (no one likes Josh) or 'sleeping my way to the top' (Josh's dad is an assistant chief). However, my social life is still pretty inactive and I am still in love with Netflix.

  6. Went to Chicago with Brad Peck and stayed with his brother, Nate. Went to a White Sox game (it was 'Mullet Night', explaining the picture shown above that he decided to send to Meleah), went out a lot, stopped by the Chicago fire station where they filmed the movie Backdraft, and went shooting in Indiana at a gun range.

  7. Went to Ames fire school.

That is pretty much the past 3 weeks summed up. I am still alive, all is well, and I promise that I will update my blog more often now that I finally have internet in my new place. Cheers!

3 comments:

Schreiber family said...

Wow!!! You WERE busy! Here I thought all you did was go to work and sit on the couch playing Playstation. (Just teasing) Who were you instructing in that house burn?
On a serious note: Will your company do anything for those firefighters killed in Charleston? My heart goes out to their families.........YOU stay safe!!!!!!

Meleah said...

If you EVER die at a fire I will flippin KILL you! Got that? Good. Can I tell you how much in love I am with mullets? It's a love/hate thing. I hate them so much I love them. I think that's the mullet magic, because that's why everyone loves them. And why major league baseball teams have a mullet night. Okay, so now I'm babbling. Glad you're staying busy, glad your living situation is better, and glad you're still loving Netflix. I heart Netflix too. I'm babbling again. I miiiisssssss you! Are you coming to Tipton this week to see your 2nd coolest sister from Ohio?

natther said...

Yep, that mullet photo is just about as disgusting as I thought it would be. Glad to have it, though. It might come in handy some day.
Sorry I missed you today - always good to see your face.
Glad your new living arrangement suits you. Sounds like a good move. Who needs 'multiple' girlfriends? Sounds like it could get confusing.

I agree with your sisters concerning your health and safety!!!